Tuesday, February 16, 2010

He Has Led Me

02.16.10
J.A. Matteson

“Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all the day.” Psalm 25:5

Surely the LORD is good Israel, to those who call upon His name in Spirit and truth, by His hand He has led me to the mountain crest to behold His glory, He causes my heart to fear and tremble in the presence of His majesty;

As I consider Your splendor, O LORD, the wisdom of Your decrees, and the goodness of Your care, the nearness of Your Spirit captivates me, unspeakable joy fills my heart;

My lips will praise Your works for Your namesake, be glorified, O LORD, in the words of my mouth, incline Your ear to me, listen to my petition;

You spoke and my heart was jolted as a beast of burden under a yoke, sweet is the instruction of the LORD, peaceful are His ways, kind is the rebuke of the LORD, gentle is His chastisement;

You incline my heart to seek You, to thirst after Your ordinances as living water, grace upon grace has enveloped me, the LORD’s mercy and kindness are my refuge;

The LORD is my resting place, I will not be afraid, He quiets my soul and stills my restless heart;

Blessed are the children of Israel who by faith revere the LORD Most High, He causes His face to shine upon them, they will not be moved, they take their meals in gladness with simplicity of heart, their sleep is sweet;

Praise the LORD, you children of Abraham, exalt the LORD of heaven, bless the name of the Son of glory, Christ Jesus, for His lovingkindess neither fades nor withers.

Copyright (c) 2010 Immutable Word Ministries ("...the word of our God stands forever..." Isa. 40:8).

No comments:

Post a Comment